I was nominated twice this week for The Liebster Award, thank you so much to Sumaira at Hyper About Books and Kirsten at Reading My Reality. This is a bit of a long post as I’m answering two sets of questions. There are so many tags going around lately, and I love them! It’s been so busy since uni has started that I haven’t had time to post in a while, but I’m getting back to it now! 😀
As Sumaira did, I’m going to stick to the rules by 52lettersinthealphabet, and only change one! They are as follows:
1. Link to and thank the blogger who nominated you
2. Answer the 11 questions your nominator gives you
Tag 11 other bloggers who have 200 or less followers. I’m only going to tag 5 blogs because I don’t actually know that many others (and I tag anyone who reads this post and wants to participate!)
4. Ask the 11 bloggers you nominated 11 questions and let them know you nominated them!
Part 1: Sumaira’s Questions
- What book do you wish you never read?
Oh god, this is difficult. I don’t really wish I didn’t read any book, but I guess I would choose Allegiant. I mean, why? Why do bad things happen to good people? I should have stopped after Divergent.
- Do you read one book or multiple books at a time?
I can only read one book at a time, I don’t feel like I can get fully immersed into two different stories because whilst I’m reading one book I’ll still be thinking of the other, if that makes sense?
- Your favourite underrated book?
Hmm, I’m going to go with underrated meaning not many people know about it so that would have to be Fighting Destiny or Here Be Sexist Vampires 🙂 They were both great books and not many people know about them!
- If you were trapped on a desert island and could only take 2 books with you what would they be and why?
This is soooo difficult! I’d definitely choose some sort of wilderness survival guide and first aid/edible plants guide. What? Haha okay fine, this is kind of cheating… But I’d rather stay alive! 😛 No point in having any books if I’m dead (and trust me, I wouldn’t last very long)! XD
- Do you buy books based on beautiful covers?
Definitely, even though I read all my books on my Kindle I still judge them on their covers (mind you, even if I don’t like a cover I’ll still read the book if I hear it’s really good).
- What do you think about E-readers and Ebooks?
I love them! Don’t get me wrong, I prefer the real book but it’s just so much easier and I really don’t have the shelf space. Plus, nobody can see what I’m reading and my Kindle is easier to carry around! 🙂
- Is there a book/books you have multiple copies of?
No, I don’t think so… But when I move into a house and have all the shelf space I desire, I’m going to buy every single book I’ve read (preferably hardcover) and put them there!
- Favourite place to read?
My sofa or in bed! Or on the beach. Basically anywhere I can sprawl out and am in close proximity to food 😉
- Do you use bookmarks or fold over the pages?
If I don’t read a book on my Kindle, I use bookmarks (I love fancy bookmarks!).
- Do you write in or highlight quotes/sections in book, or do you use post sticks or nothing at all?
I always highlight my favourite bits! It’s so easy to do on the Kindle and I love going back to read them (I highlight some pretty funny stuff if I do say so myself).
- What inspired you to blog? And why?
Sometime at the end of last year I started reading loads and really felt like I needed to talk about the books I’ve read and since none of my friends read the same things as me I thought why not start a blog? I can talk about books all the time and I’ve met so many other wonderful bloggers that enjoy the same books as me! 🙂
Part 2: Kirsten’s Questions
- Are you picky about the genres you read or will you just pick up any book and start reading?
I’m quite picky, I’ll normally always stick to paranormal/fantasy or dystopian. I can’t remember the last time I’ve read anything other than that, but I enjoy a nice contemporary romance novel as well 🙂
- Do you marathon read series or do you read different books between each book in a series?
I normally marathon read a series if I can because I can’t stop myself and need to read the whole thing before I start something else. I find it hard to get back into a series if I’ve stopped for too long.
- What is your favorite standalone? Favorite Series?
Hmm, I don’t really think I have a favourite standalone. I can’t remember the last time I read a book that wasn’t in a series, I think it’s time I read a standalone! As for favourite series, this is really hard… I’d have to go with Throne of Glass or the Lux series at the moment!
- Number one book crush?
Jeeeeez, this is going to be hard! I’m going to go with Daemon from the Lux series, but I honestly have so many. What? Book boys are just so perfect and there’s so many of them!
- Is there an author that you have read every book they’ve written?
Yes, actually! I didn’t think there was but I’ve read all of Melynda Price’s books (the Redemption Series)
- Is there a book that grew on you after you read it and made you want to reread it?
I’ve never reread a book before, which I guess is a bit weird! There’s just so many books I want to read, but I guess in 5 years time I will probably go back to read books that I loved.
- Do you lend out your books?
I’ve lent a few books out to some friends but I’ve never gotten them back! Haha XD
- Favorite book/book series that turned into a movie?
This has got to be Harry Potter! I loved the first four movies but after that I started to get a bit bored.
- A book you wish never got turned into a movie?
Twilight, because now I’ll never read the books! The movie ruined it for me.
- Electronic books vs. paperback/hardcover books and why?
Electronic books are great because you can get them instantly and I love reading on my Kindle (I really could go on but I won’t 😛 ), but I love hardcover books!
- Why did you start blogging?
Well, like I said earlier, I started blogging because I wanted to talk about books and talk to other people who read the same books as me 🙂
1.) Why did you create your blog? Do you have any other blogs?
2.) If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
3.) Do your family and friends follow your blog, or do you keep it a secret?
4.) Are you cautious of what you write on your blog? Do you worry about offending people?
5.) If you had to recommend one book to a friend right now, what would it be?
6.) Your top 3 book crushes – don’t be shy! 😉
7.) Do you read books from many different genres? What genre would you never read?
8.) What book/series do you want to be turned into a TV series/movie the most?
9.) Who is your favourite female character and why?
10.) How many books do you read a week?
11.) When a book is really hyped up, does it make you want to read it more or less?
Sorry if you’ve already done it, and don’t feel obliged to do it if you don’t want to! 🙂 And of course if you’re just passing by and want to answer the questions and participate, you’re more than welcome to!
- Eileen at Bookwormstothemax
- Taile at This is the Taile
- Kaja at Of Dragons and Hearts
- Aesaza at Aesaza
- Emily at Books and Cleverness