Today is the first time I’m doing a feature from another blog! I stumbled upon the fantastic feature meme “Top 10 Tuesdays” created by The Broke and the Bookish, which is basically (yeah, you guessed it) a top 10 list! This week’s list is Top 10 Reasons I Love Being A Blogger/Reader, and since I haven’t been a blogger very long (well, 5 days to be exact), I’m going to do five of each. Half ‘n’ Half.
- I love being able to talk about the books that I’ve read on my blog – even if nobody sees or cares what I’m saying!
One of the main reasons I decided to start my blog was because whenever I finished reading a book I wanted to express what I thought about it, and because none of my friends read (or if they do, they don’t read the same books as me), I decided the best way to express myself was through a blog! I’d been browsing other book review blogs and thought, damn, I really want to do that too!
- I can say whatever the heck I want to on my blog.
I can gush over or badmouth any books and characters I want! Ain’t nobody gonna stop me! 🙂
- Making friends and meeting fellow book lovers!
So I’m not the only one out there who gets overly attached to fictional characters, and feels like when a book or series ends it’s like I’ve lost my best friends?! THANK GOODNESS. It’s so nice to meet people who love books and have so many insightful things to share!
- I improve my level of writing and analysis with every blog post!
I know, a little bit lame – but it’s true. By reading lots of books I’ve learned so many new words and ways to write, even though I haven’t really developed a writing style that I’m sure expresses me the best yet… I’ll get there eventually!
- Blogging just calms the heck out of me.
There’s something about just sitting there and just being able to drone on and on nonsensically without anyone being able to tell you to shut up. It’s pure bliss.
- I get to live a hundred different lives through books.
And yes, I almost always imagine myself as the female protagonist in the books I read (I may have issues).
- Nothing takes me out of this world like reading does!
If I’m reading a really good book, you can just wave me goodbye. Adios. Ciao. Au revoir!
- The passion and excitement of reading.
The story and the writing entices passion and excitement for me. Every book, good or bad, enlightens me a little bit more to the world of literature.
- I can imagine things so vividly in my head when I read that now watching TV just isn’t the same anymore.
I think I’ve only turned on the TV once this week, and it may have been on mute. I haven’t even watched a single Vampire Diaries episode in 2014 (gasp).
- I love searching for new books to read!
I LOVE doing this! I could spend hours finding new books to read, whether it be spending a day in a bookstore (Waterstones, you’re the best) or browsing online. So many books, so little time.
So, why do you love being a blogger/reader? 🙂